ALIKI'S ART HOUSE
A place and space where creativity begins ...
YES! January 2021 Classes & Workshops are Happening!
We offer IN PERSON PRIVATE/SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS for drawing and painting. Improve your skills in ONE HOUR! Individuals, families, siblings, and cohorts are all welcome. Call TODAY to book your session.
Our January 2021 offerings for groups are set to begin January 16, 2021. Join us IN-PERSON at the studio or connect with us ONLINE. Choose the format that is best for you and your family. Please call or email to add your name to the waitlist. Online registration will be available as soon as possible.
Take a look at our new set-up and safety procedures. Watch the video below for a virtual tour!
We're at the Studio in Person
We are confident that our studio set-up is safe and gives you the quality experience you’ve come to expect from Aliki’s Art House. As we continue to work together, the studio remains a very safe place for everyone to create AAH-mazing masterpieces and lots of fun.
Aliki’s Art House looks and feels a bit different theses days. Here’s what you need to know:
- In-studio class numbers will be limited to 6 -7 students.
- Health screening prior to entry in the studio
- Physical distancing guidelines and physical barriers are set up.
- Hand washing and sanitization required upon arrival and departure
- Regular sanitization of surfaces between classes are in place.
- Masks are required in the studio only when physical distancing is not possible (e.g., during 1:1 feedback with the teacher.)
- We can NOT offer drop-ins for classes or make up classes at alternate times. Students must be signed-up in advance.
- All students receive their own supply kit to use during the classes and take home afterward. Aliki’s material kit is required for in-studio classes. Kit is optional for online students, however, quality of materials may affect the outcome of the artwork.
- A non-refundable deposit, consisting of the materials fee and first month’s fees, is due at the time of registration.
- Fees may be paid in monthly instalments.
- Our withdrawal policy requires 1 full months’ notice and penalty of 1 month’s fees for early withdrawal.
- In case of studio closure due to COVID-19, all classes will transfer online.
- A New Student Consultation/Assessment appointment or phone call is recommended to ensure the best fit for each student.
- No food please – just water.
AS WELL, we will continue offering specialized VIRTUAL classes for those who prefer to connect with Aliki’s Online.
Take a look inside the studio and you'll see that we've got you covered!
Continue to Connect with us Online
ONLINE adult and children’s classes are 4-week or 6-week series, including live + interactive instruction with mid-week online feedback. Material kits are available for purchase, as needed. Discounts available for family and friends taking the class together
Get a sneak peek at how we teach everyone to draw
Give it a try!
Simple landscape drawing with Jaye.
Deborah teaches how to use basic shapes to draw a cat.
Thank you from Aliki’s Art House
We are happy to report that our staff and families are all staying healthy and well. Our pandemic response has been very successful! We’ve been committed to delivering the same high-quality classes online as we do in the studio. Student satisfaction and skill progression is always most important to us.
Thank you to all our students and parents for your loyalty, commitment, and patience during this time. We are honoured the be part of your artist journey and hope the benefits of being part of our program go far beyond the your sketchbook or canvas.
Not on our mailing list? Sign up to get the latest updates.
Here’s what everyone’s saying about online classes…
It’s [online classes] going really well! The teacher is great; she teaches very clearly and is easy to follow. I liked going to the school, but I like this way of teaching as well.
My experience is very positive. The teacher is an amazingly talented artist who is very willing to share her skills and goes out of her way to do that. An important part of taking an art class is to get feedback, by posting on Cluster we get feedback on any art we post which is very valuable. We also get to see other classmates work and learn from their feedback.
I have never taken an art class before and am really loving this. I would definitely recommend this studio.
Although it isn’t the same as being there in person, the kids would rather do the online lessons than have no lesson at all. Both of them have produced pieces “in isolation” that they are very proud of through your online lessons.
About our teachers…
She gave good instruction, guidance and inspiration.
Excellent, very knowledgeable, made the learning fun!
The critique from the teacher and the assistants was very helpful. Instructions for the drawings were easy to follow.