ALIKI'S ART HOUSE
A place and space where creativity begins ...
YES! Summer 2020 Camps and Classes are Happening!
Summer’s here, so let’s get together. There’s more than one way we can make that happen:
- In-Studio Summer Camps: Come into Aliki’s Art House.
- Online Summertime: Live + interactive virtual experience at your own place.
- Meet us at the green space and make art in the park… coming soon.
- Private & Semi-private classes are available both in-studio and online.
Registration is OPEN for 2020 Summertime Camps and Classes.
We are also planning our September programs and will have the Fall schedule ready by July 15th. Please check back for further updates and the latest news about registration.
We're Back at the Studio in Person
We are SO excited to be able to offer IN-PERSON classes and camps at our studio throughout July & August 2020.
Small groups of students have been back in the studio since Jun 15th. We are confident that our ‘Welcome Back’ is safe, efficient and gives you the quality experience you’ve come to expect from Aliki’s Art House. We have measures in place to ensure everyone is kept as safe + healthy as possible. As we continue to work together, the studio remains a very safe place for everyone to create AAH-mazing masterpieces and lots of fun!
Aliki’s Art House looks and feels a bit different theses days. Here’s what you need to know:
- In-studio camp + class numbers will be limited to 8 students.
- Physical distancing guidelines and sanitization procedures will be in place.
- Due to COVID-19, we can NOT offer drop-ins for camps or classes. Students must be signed-up in advance.
- Camps + classes will be a 2 hours/day. 1/2 day (3 hour) camp is available Jul 20 – 24.
- Student artists will have their own supply of materials for creating.
- We will take short breaks outdoors nearby the studio, or take a virtual tour of a museum! No food please – just drinks.
- Please contact us about Private Lessons or Semi-Private Lessons (for members of the same family and/or cohort group.)
AS WELL, we will continue offering specialized VIRTUAL classes for those who prefer to connect with Aliki’s Online. Most camps offer both in-studio and online participation. We are also exploring Aliki’s Art in Park.
Take a look inside the studio and you'll see that we've got you covered!
Continue to Connect with us Online
Missed our June series? No Problem!
Registration is OPEN for July offerings!
- Virtual Summer Camps for children + teens: online, live stream from the studio plus instructor feedback and peer interaction.
- Learn to Draw Animals
- Introduction to Watercolour Landscapes
- Plein-Air Landscape Drawing Workshops
(in-person outdoors and virtual combination)
ONLINE classes are 4-week or 6-week series, including 2-hours of live + interactive instruction with mid-week online feedback. Material kits are available for purchase, as needed. Discounts available for family and friends taking the class together.
Get a sneak peek at how we teach everyone to draw
Give it a try!
Simple landscape drawing with Jaye.
Deborah teaches how to use basic shapes to draw a cat.
Thank you from Aliki’s Art House
We are happy to report that our staff and families are all staying healthy and well. Our pandemic response has been very successful! We’ve been committed to delivering the same high-quality classes online as we do in the studio. Student satisfaction and skill progression is always most important to us.
Thank you to all our students and parents for your loyalty, commitment, and patience during the shift to our online platform. We recognize the different challenges of virtual classes for students and we’ve heard loud and clear that you miss the studio experience and in-person learning you are used to. WE miss it too! We want to hear your thoughts in this survey.
Not on our mailing list? Sign up to get the latest updates.
Here’s what everyone’s saying about online classes…
It’s [online classes] going really well! Jaye is great; she teaches very clearly and is easy to follow. I liked going to the school, but I like this way of teaching as well.
My experience is very positive. Jaye is an amazingly talented artist who is very willing to share her skills and goes out of her way to do that. An important part of taking an art class is to get feedback, by posting on Cluster we get feedback on any art we post which is very valuable. We also get to see other classmates work and learn from their feedback.
I have never taken an art class before and am really loving this. I would definitely recommend this studio.
Although it isn’t the same as being there in person, the kids would rather do the online lessons than have no lesson at all. Both of them have produced pieces “in isolation” that they are very proud of through your online lessons.
About our teachers…
She gave good instruction, guidance and inspiration.
Excellent, very knowledgeable, made the learning fun!
The critique from the teacher and the assistants was very helpful. Instructions for the drawings were easy to follow.