2021 Sculpting Camp
- All camps are limited to 10 students with 1 teacher + 1 assistant. Minimum of 6 students required to run the camp.
- COVID-19 safety measures are in place: protective barriers between students/teacher, use of PPE when necessary, physical distancing guidelines, hand washing and sanitization required upon arrival and departure, regular sanitization of surfaces.
- No food allowed in the studio. We take a snack break outside the studio.
- All students receive their own supply kit to use during the camp. Materials cost is included.
- A New Student Consultation/Assessment appointment or phone call is recommended to ensure the best fit for each student.
- Sibling and Multi-Camp 10% discount is offered.
- All prices include GST.
SCULPTING HANDS CAMP (Age 10 years & Older
We are very excited to once again be offering this one-of-a-kind summer sculpting camp for children & teens. Take your creativity to the next level … move it off the page and bring it to life!
This camp includes 3 distinct sculpting techniques including Giacometti style armature, Haida-inspired paper relief sculpture and modern artist, Chihuly-inspired 3-D using nontraditional materials.
In art, an armature is an underlying, unseen, supporting component (usually of wood or metal) for something else. Armatures are useful in sculpture, lost-wax casting and even stop-motion animation puppets to help make the initial model three-dimensional. Relief is a sculptural technique. The term comes from the Latin verb “levi,” to raise. To create a sculpture in relief is to give the impression that the sculpted material has been raised above the background plane.
Please note that this is not a craft camp. The knowledge gained in the short week will truly amaze your child and you. Students will be taught to sculpt the way a professional artist would sculpt. Our sculpting teacher, Ms. Deborah Lawton, brings a wealth of knowledge and experience working with children and youth of all ages. Whether a student has sculpted before, or new to the 3-D world, this class will have your child creating with confidence in no time.
Monday to Friday, July 26 – 30, 1 – 4 pm
Returning Student Fee: $268
New Student Fee: $288