Arts Combo: Gem journals & Sculpting
Arts Combo: Journals & Sculpting & Painting
This class is a unique combination of drawing and art lessons in the context of gem journals (2-dimensional art) AND sculpting (3-dimensional art) plus painting.
So, what is the difference between a journal and a gem journal? Journals become gem journals when you add depth, colour, and creativity through illustrations, painting, collage, photographs, quotes, inspirations and writing. Using Aliki’s Seven-Step system for composing a journal page, budding artists will begin to explore, play, create and listen as they express themselves. Art journaling is a wonderful process self expression and discovery. Skills used in this class are easily transferable to schoolwork and projects. Studies show that studying via a combination of drawing and writing helps students retain concepts better.
Students will also be introduced to the process of sculpting. Students will complete a variety of sculpting projects such as building their own Alberto Giacometti-inspired armature, or a Free Form sculpture. All sculptures are built from scratch using the same techniques and methodology as professional artists.
Acrylic painting basics will also be introduced in a finished art piece.
Past drawing experience is beneficial. Minimum of 5 students required to offer this class. Please call Diana at 403-667-7020 to inquire about on-going registration.
Year-Round Classes (8 – 12 years old)
- Mondays at 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Sep 14, 2020 – May 31, 2021 (31 classes)
- $65.00/session Material fee
- $26.25 New Student Registration fee (waived for returning students)
Fall 2020 Term (13 years & older)
- Mondays 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- September 14 – December 7, 2020 (12 classes)
- $472.50 Instructional Fee (Friends & Family discount available)
- $26.25 Materials Fee plus some personal supplies will be required. Instructor will provide a list on the first class.
- $21 New Student Registration Fee
(5 to 7-year-olds)
(7 years and older)
Teen Drawing & More
(12 and older)
(10 years and older)
(7 years & older)
(5 years and older)
Private Art Lessons